2020 - the GRIFFUS shines even brighter for the Christmas Holidays
Before wishing you all the best for the the year and telling you about some exciting, new innovations, find out why the GRIFFUS is undoubtedly the undisputed tire of the 2019 season :
- With the Griffus, Isabeau Courdurier won eight of eight rounds of the Enduros World Series (EWS) and took her first ever overall victory!
- Kevin Miquel had his best season to date, by finishing third in the overall rankings of the EWS also, all aboard the GRIFFUS.
- On board this combo, Antoine Vidal surprised the U21 Enduro scene by winning six of the eight EWS rounds, whilst also grabbing a few top 20 Elite results too. A promising future lies ahead for the young frenchman!
- Our content king, Kilian Bron travelled worldwide once again, to unearth some of the most beautiful trails for you (and our) eyes! Whilst accumulating huge reach + views on his Youtube channels and social accounts.
- Whilst on the Freeride side of things, it was also with the GRIFFUS that Reed Boggs won the Proving Ground and rode with Carson Storch in this years' RedBull Rampage!
Not enough? The GRIFFUS is also now available in these three different casings:
Single casing (1x66): The continual search for lightness, combined with performance is developed in-house in our Racing Lab Department. Allowing this tire to be used for a multitude of things, from the racing addicts to those who like riding Trail, All-Mountain or Enduro Light.
> Available in 27.5'' and 29'' and 2.4 and 2.5 widths.
In double casing (2x66): we've beefed things up for those who want to ride with a tire that's ready for less forgiving terrain such as Enduro, DH or Freeride. Ready to take the abuses of relentless bike park laps and world cup racing.
> Available in 27.5'' and 29'' sizes and 2.4 and 2.5 widths.
A new E-Bike format: Also designed with a double casing (2x66) and equipped with a harder compound to reinforce the tire's against the specific constraints of E-bike's (stronger braking forces, weight and engine constraints in particular).
> Model available in 27.5 and 29'' and 2.5 width only.
Why the GRIFFUS?
If you've forgotten the specifics of this tire... Here are a few, key points:
The GRIFFUS is the first tire from the Racing Lab range, our in house R&D facility that brings together engineers, designers and athletes to search for the highest level of performance.
Created to offer our Enduro and Gravity athletes a tire, capable of combining both speed and grip over a wide range of hardpack dry conditions.
To complement and expand our existing MTB range made up of the legendary Toro and DZO designed for more mixed, muddy or even snowy conditions.
2.4 and 2.5 widths: the main difference
The widths aren't just a size difference though ! If you look closely and analyze the two models, it is very easy to see that:
The 2.4 version was designed to roll better, with the centre row of knobs specifically designed to keep the perfect balance between rolling efficiency and braking performance. Riders looking for extra speed can run the Griffus 2.4 both front and rear when needed.
The 2.5 version is aimed at those who are looking for traction and confidence. With taller and larger knobs on this model, this no holds bar version allows the athletes to push in even the wildest sections of track . With a 58mm section, it’s best suited up front, but once again can be used both ends of the bike for maximum grip.
As you can see, from retaining all our well known technologies (Tubeless Ready Tires, Hardskin textile Race Ripost Gravity), the GRIFFUS range now offers a full selection of sizes, widths and compounds, resulting in an endless amount combinations for any rider.
With this news, we're sure your family will excuse you for spending more time than expected in the forest and arriving late for Christmas dinner this holiday season...!
We wish you all the best for this year and look forward to catching up in 2020. Enjoy the holiday season, keep fit and above all, stay connected because we have many other surprises coming soon...
The HUTCHINSON teamHUTCHINSON TIRES